Re: [LAD] Native LV2 port of mdaEPiano VSTi

From: Igor Brkic <igor@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 11:11:13 EEST

On 19.10.2010 03:21, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Hi Igor,
> thanks for testing.
>
> About the GUI: I think you might be mistaken. Even though I'm new to
> template stuff in C++, my syntax seems to be correct. The GUI appears
> when I open the plug-in in zynjacku (lv2_jack_host does not care about
> GUIs).
> What runtime error did you encounter and what host did you use?
>
> The GUI by the way is nothing more but a construction site. It is not
> usable at all, no functions implemented. It is more of a
> proof-of-concept (yes, GUI appears) than anything else. I'm working on
> this right now, but I'm all new to this.
>
> Rekado

My bad then :)

I tried it in Ingen. With your code, when I double click plugin (to show
GUI) it reports "Failed to instantiate Plugin UI" and Ingen GUI freezes
(although, engine still runs in background).

I'm pretty new to templating too and, even though your code made some
sense, I was comparing it to another very simple example of LV2 GUI code
(just a button too but without MIDI support), and only difference in
code (and in crashing Ingen :)) was that line.

Igor