Re: [LAD] [ANN] QmidiCtl, QmidiNet 0.1.0 Out Now!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 01:10:53 EEST

hi wolke,

On 10/20/2010 12:29 AM, m.wolkstein@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> thx rui, great application.
>
> i have create a small extension, a caos pad. small video with
> hydrogen, ams and qmidictl on n900 is here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPkjxOH2_k it's in german. what
> ever.

excellent!! too pity i don't catch a word of your german eloquence ;)

> new in this version: caospad with separate push/release function. to
> control e.g. mmc play/stop messages beside the normal caospad x-y
> messages like cc ore notes accelerometer function. 40 different note
> scales you can apply to any caospad axis or accelerometer axis.
>
> every controller is full configurable in the qmidictl settings
> window.

maybe you do explain this on the video, but is there any
particular reason why you made the controller configuration with
added "new" midi event types? for instance, is a NOTE_ON necessarily
different from a a CAOSPAD_NOTE_ON ? why two separate types for the same
midi event ?

> this is no fork!!! only a version like my personal suggestions. so
> feel free to include it into the official qmidictl version. i try to
> connect you via your homepage but it fails. my coding style is a bit
> freestyle. so maybe it need a bit code cleanup and so on:).

my homepage fails? how? anyway, i'll take some time to review your code
a bit more thoroughly and most probably i'll do some code restyling
before it will get merged into trunk.

one thing i would like to have in first is something you can certainly
give away whenever you find the right time, is to explain in enough
detail what are for all those neat features shown on the caospad widget,
like what does it exactly mean those "push" or "glue" options and what
situations do they become handy?

> the modified source code is here available:
> http://www.popez.org/~wolke/caos/qmidictl-caospad-extension-sourcecode-with-a-pre-compiled-maemo-package.tar

thanks for sharing,
hope to hear from you again soon

cheers