Re: [LAD] Suggestion for diving into audio development?

From: Kris Calabio <cpczk@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 02:31:21 EEST

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  I'll definitely start familiarizing myself with the LADSPA API.  LADISH looks really nifty too.

>My best advice is to pick up a project that you are objectively
>interested in completing.  Pick a goal that you would be happy if
> *someone else* did.  That way when the novelty wears off, you'll
>still have some motivation to keep working and keep learning when
>you otherwise might tire of it.  So ask yourself:  What's something
>that you think linux audio is lacking?  Find something small, and
>something you care about.
>

>Jeremy

Yes, that's exactly what I'm planning to do.  That's a good way to put it, Jeremy.  I just gotta keep doing audio projects in Linux and find out what tools would be useful to me as an end user.

-Kris