Re: [LAD] Faster context switch

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 23:45:32 EET

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On November 10, 2010 04:20:02 pm you wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> > MusE already fully supported the old fst, so we've got code which I hope
>> >  would put us ahead of the game.
>>
>> i don't believe that torben & i ever released the wine-as-a-library
>> version of FST, so there effectively is no "old fst" in the sense that
>> has been alluded to by michael.
>>
>> --p
>
> That would be the old fst 0.6 (I think), just before the major changes.
> MusE used to work with fst as a library, up to that version.

fst has always been a library, though it includes an app as a demo/utility.

its earliest versions, the thing that torben & i wanted to make work,
was using Wine as a library too. that proved to be impossible in any
forward-compatible way (Wine would keep changing and what we had done
would break). hence the change to the new scheme i outlined earlier.

--p