Re: [LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

From: gene heskett <gheskett@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 16 2010 - 00:48:24 EET

On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 05:44:12 pm Dan Kegel did opine:

<harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >> Anybody know of a public email provider that is better? Or more so:
> >> that can prove they are better?
> >
> > I'm afraid every webmail provider in the world is
> > going to have the same basic problem: you shouldn't
> > be trusting other people with your data.
>
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2010/12/breaking-news-eff-victory-appeals-
> court-holds is a ray of hope, though...

Yes it is. Now, if we can just get a law that when I have pulled the msg
to my machine, and issued the delete to the server, it truly was deleted,
then they would need a search warrant to my machine in order to see
yesterdays emails already pulled. The move has been to make the ISP's hold
those supposedly deleted messages till the statutes run out, and TBT, there
probably isn't an ISP on the planet with THAT much storage, not without
treating it like an unfunded mandate. Which it sure is.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)