Re: [LAD] [OT] Richard Stallman warns against ChromeOS

From: Dan Kegel <dank@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 17 2010 - 00:25:48 EET

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> The amiga is actually fairly late model here folks, I started with a quest
>> super elf I built from a kit.  Circa '77.
>
> 1802 CPU fan here too. Mine was RCA COSMAC VIP 1802.
> Added 3 channel sound (Famous G.I. AY3- chip) and
>  colour graphics with T.I. 9918 chip, after read Circuit Cellar article on it.
> Oh what fun...

My first system was, IIRC, an Intersil 6100 (single-chip pdp-8 clone)
that my Dad designed and I wire-wrapped. It had a four digit LED
display and a keypad. I wrote my first real-world-affecting
program on it by using a 74c06 as a speaker driver, controlling it
with a single bit, and then flipping that bit with a hand-coded loop
to make all kinds of sirens. Good times!
- Dan