[LAD] DX7 (was Re: On the last eve of the year)

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2010 - 17:32:55 EET

Hello Ralf1
   I do have a DX7 IID and I think it's a nice instrument, for what it's
supposed to do. But I think Hexter is not too far of base. I played them both
and I enjoyed them both very much. I suspect that the IID model might have had
some changes to its inner workings. But I wouldn't think, that there was too
much changed, since it was mainly about the memory cartridge, as far as I
know.
   Yes the keyboard isn't too bad, even compared to some of the new ones I
have. It's a little too loud for my taste, but the feeling, while playing it,
is about right. There's one keyboard (as in the keys only), that beats them
all: The Roaldn XP keyboard. I have the XP30 and the keyboard is marvellous.
Not weighted, I'm not sure, who has the best ones there, but quieter than the
DX, not too soft and the aftertouch is really fluent. You don't really notice
the point, where you get from just holding down, to aftertouch. Of course, you
have to use some extra strength, so you don't activate it by accident, but no
click or anything.
   So for gettng this of track, when I got it off track before. :-) But talking
synth is always nice, if you ever encountered the gear in question. :-)
   Kindly yours
           Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net