Re: [LAD] DX7 (was Re: On the last eve of the year)

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jan 01 2011 - 16:16:07 EET

On Sat, 2011-01-01 at 00:27 +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Saturday 01 January 2011 00:08:04 Paul Giblock wrote:
> > Now I wish I never sold my DX7 while I was short on cash in college..
>
> In my experience there is not a single valid reason to sell music instruments.
> There are however lots of good reasons to buy instruments.

:)

I still have got, for example, a Roland MT-32, not really a good sound
device ;), I don't use it, but I also can't sell it and by the way, the
included pseudo-analog-synth is interesting, even the side noise can be
tolerated, just editing sounds isn't that easy :(.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/05/MT_32.jpg/300px-MT_32.jpg

If possible, nobody should sell, but just buy THOSE instruments, OTOH we
don't have got CV gate anymore, but instead a lot of MIDI jitter for
modern PCs.

FWIW, I'm happy that I bought a DX7 when I was jung, but a Roland JX3P,
OTOH the JX3P isn't that often emulated as a DX7 or any ARP or ...