Re: [LAD] Fwd: Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

From: Sascha Schneider <ungleichklang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2011 - 19:06:09 EET

Hi Malte,

2011/1/3 Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>:
> Hi,
>>>
>>> Alsa Modular,
>>> is this one still under development??
>>
> Yes, its still maintained, changes are more evolutionary rather then
> revolutionary.
>
> Have you checked out Minicomputer?
> http://minicomputer.sourceforge.net/

Just downloaded it and will test it within the next days. Looks a bit
like whysynth-dssi.

> although its still not polyphon and no midi learning. I would love to
> develope a plugin version of it but I am not sure about which format to go.
> LV2 seems the right one but its convoluted and I am uncertain about support
> in hosts at this point of time.

Maybe DSSI?? Then I can use it in my Renoise :)

> Problem is always to find time to develop something, its not that developers
> are hanging around without ideas. Like everybody else I have to pay my bills
> and apart from it in my case I am also artist. Everybody has ideas whats
> missing under Linux and I have a very clear picture what is necessary to do
> and what I am missing from other platforms.
>
> Devs are needed indeed.

Yes, and I still regret I never have learned to code like that.
But I hope I can offer my help in someway.

> Cheers,
>
> Malte
>
> --
> ----
> media art + development
> http://www.block4.com
>
> new on iTunes: Notstandskomitee Automatenmusik
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/automatenmusik/id383400418

PS: Geile Musik, Respekt, 2 neue Notstandskomitee Fans

Regards, Sascha