Re: [LAD] ALSA multi plugin and JACK xrun callbacks

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 15 2011 - 01:34:35 EET

On 01/14/2011 02:12 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 01/14/2011 10:39 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>
>> i had it crash once when loading a really demanding session, but with
>> another average ardour project, it has now played fine and without
>> glitches for 10 minutes or so, while the xrun count goes through the roof.
>
> alas. i spoke to soon:
>
> after i added a 6x1 convolver and an ambdec instance
> jack2 bails out reproducibly after a couple minutes more, with a
> "floating point exception". so more testing.
>
> meanwhile, i'd like to know what these xruns are, and i wouldn't be too
> surprised if the eventual crash is actually related to the message
> buffer or some internal error counter wrapping...

I would be interested in that as well...

I tried a few months ago to link an hdsp madi and a 9652 (sounds
familiar? :-) and failed. I don't remember the details and I did not
have time to try to debug it but it never worked - this was for our
OpenMixer setup.

I ended up connecting to the "smaller" card through jack2's internal
audioadapter client. That is not a bit transparent operation and uses up
cpu as it does resampling (the two cards are locked of course) but it
was good enough, at least for a while...

-- Fernando