Re: [LAD] [ANN] IR: version 1.2

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 14:02:27 EET

On 01/25/2011 05:50 PM, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> Version 1.2 of IR, an LV2 convolution reverb plugin has just been released.
>
> This release is the result of many hours of stress-testing, and corrects some
> small but unpleasant problems you may have run into while using an earlier
> version. IR 1.2 is intended to be production quality software you can rely on.
> Please do upgrade to this version.
>
> Changes:
> * fix ir.ttl typo: "doap:license" instead of "doap:licence"
> * visual feedback of the progress of resampling operations
> * resampling operations are interruptible; you can no longer crash
> the plugin by deleting it while resampling a long impulse file
> * correct GTK2 version requirement and check it in the Makefile:
> at least GTK 2.16 is needed
>
> Source code is available from the usual webpage:
> http://factorial.hu/plugins/lv2/ir

since it's based on zita-convolver: did you also use the multi-threaded
partitioned convolution approach from jconvolver? if so, how does IR
behave in freewheeling mode?

i'm asking because jconvolver is known to have problems with the timing
of its non-jack helper threads in freewheeling mode, which has finally
bitten me a few days ago (haven't had problems with it before).
jconvolver is nice enough to halt the entire graph (at least with
tschack), so it's always obvious there was a problem.
i just want to make sure that *if* IR fails in freewheeling, it will
fail in some obvious way.