[LAD] snd-usb-audio dying on jackd xruns

From: Rods Bobavich <rodnisms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 02 2011 - 18:41:37 EET

So I start jackd and it runs fine for a while. Then ALSA crashes and
triggers an xrun. Jackd continues to do its merry thing - minus the part
about spitting info out to my soundcard...

I've tried multiple usb intefaces. All work fine with other computers. I've
tried multiple version of Ubuntu with various versions of ALSA. Only this
machine is affected. I have 3 other machines that run these interfaces just
fine... So it seems to be a hardware compatibility issue not a software
glitch in one version.

I've tried many boot flags but to no avail. Am at a loss on how to
troubleshoot.

The machine is M4N75TD motherboard with a Phenom II 1055T and the latest
bios flash.

...Rods ;-)