Re: [LAD] Petri-Foo - a new fork of Specimen

From: Jaromír Mikeš <mira.mikes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 05 2011 - 17:39:11 EET

2011/2/4 James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>:

> I've forked Specimen primarily to provide frequency Modulation of the
> LFOs and to make all the LFOs and ADSRs independent so that there is
> no longer a single dedicated ADSR and a single dedicated LFO for ie
> pitch modulation, but two 'inputs' for pitch modulation for which the
> choice of all ADSRs and all LFOs is available.

> Please read the README for more information:

> https://github.com/jwm-art-net/Petri-Foo#readme

> The current state of Petri-Foo is that the LFOs and ADSRs have been
> made independant and are, AFAICT, working as should. The GUI is not
> yet up to date, but changes have been made enough to get a basic idea
> of what's going on.

> Please do read the README before commenting. I've tried to do things
> properly! I'm only human and only a hobbyist coder.

Wow it is excellent, specimen was always my favorite project and I was
unhappy to see it discontinued.
There are some other samplers in linux, but none with feature set as specimen.
I am not a coder so can't offer you any help but I can do testing if needed.
I will definitely keep my eye on this project.

best regards

mira