Re: [LAD] [specimen] confusion over specimen svn and specimen in AUR

From: Robert Schwarz <mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 11 2011 - 21:07:00 EET

Hi James,

On 02/11/2011 07:54 PM, James Morris wrote:
> I forked Specimen into Petri-Foo. Trouble is, I don't recall which
> version!
>
> I have a Specimen SVN from the Arch User Repository (AUR) Specimen
> SVN from zhevny.com
>
> The version of Specimen - r89 - from zhevny.com doesn't have the
> spin buttons - unless it's in a "secret" branch which isn't default
> (i don't have a clue how to 'browse' these things).

I put up the specimen-svn package to AUR and started out with the
PKGBUILD.svn template shipped with Arch Linux.

Looking into the PKGBUILD right now, I can see, that I didn't just check
out the trunk, but rather
> http://zhevny.com/svn/specimen/branches/devel

I don't remember exactly why I chose to do that, but I think it had to
do with a new feature only available there, like multiple JACK outputs
or something.

Hope this helps, thanks for your contributions!

--
Robert Schwarz -- rschwarz.net