[LAD] Allocating 96 but reading 16 (multple times)

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 01:33:49 EET

The other day I tried somthing unusual. I use 96 frame buffers and so I
allocate two of those for each of in and out, and then read/write
(blocking) 96 frames at a time - makes sense, yes?

Well no, it turns out that - without doing any processing - looping over
read/writing only 16 frames at a time is more robust.

How come?

The same effect can be observed with 64 frames and 16 appears to be the
optimal value in the loop.

/j