Re: [LAD] Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

From: Jeremy <jeremybubs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 03:32:40 EET

Thanks a lot Malte,

However, I'm still having very strange issues with minicomputer. I copied
the presets to .minicomputer. Now the editor recognizes the presets. When
it gets a program change event it switches the presets, and you can also
switch the presets with the gui, and the settings change. However, I don't
get any sound coming out! I'm running jack, I know I've got the audio
system set up right, because all other programs work with it. I've tried
connecting to *Every* midi port, and connecting *every* output port to my
speakers. Still no sound. I've tried every combination of preset
changes+channel changes, no luck. I've opened up kmidimon to verify it's
getting the right events: it is. I've checked the jack messages to see if
it's being swamped with xruns (it's getting some, but not enough to be a
concern). I tried changing various "mix" or "volume" settings on the GUI
in combination with all of the above. Still no luck.

However, one time, in the middle of everything, I got sound. I think it was
after I moved the modulation wheel. But then it was stuck with the sound
on. It kept playing notes, but would never stop (it was monophonic). It
was as if it was only getting note on commands. Program changes worked, and
it didn't change anything when I switched between channels. The pitch bend
did nothing, neither did the modulation wheel. I disconnected every port
except for the Mix ports, and it still played audio. So I thought I had it
figured out. I restarted it, and tried to reproduce. I couldn't. The mod
wheel does nothing. Nothing I do does anything. Please help me!

Jeremy