Re: [LAD] Devs needed for opensource virtual analog softsynth idea

From: Jeremy <jeremybubs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 03:45:10 EET

Hi Malte,

So I really don't know what my problem is. The best way I fan describe what
minicomputer is doing is non-deterministic. The only things it *never* does
is work right when I start it, or stop playing notes when I let go, and the
only thing it *always* does is randomly jump the volume up or down when I'm
not touching anything but notes. Basically. I start it up, do "load
multi", then "load sound", crank *all* of the volumes up to *max*, connect
the midi port to both the synthesizer and the editor, and connect all the
outputs to my speakers. It never makes sound when I do this. However, when
I fiddle around with settings, redo stuff, wait a while, etc, it will
usually end up making some sound. However, I can find *no* pattern as to
what causes it to start making sound, and once it doesn't it will never
stop, because it seems to be ignoring note off events. Even stuff like the
"morph" wheel doesn't seem deterministic. I move it to a position, it makes
a sound, I move it away, it makes a new sound. I move it back, it continues
to make the new sound. I move it around a bunch, and I find that it *tends*
to make the new sound in one area, and the old sound in another, but it is
never certain.

Could you please point me to a dummy walkthrough of exactly what to click in
order to get it to make sound, because right now it feels like it's
purposely taunting me by behaving erratically.

Jeremy