Re: [LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 00:53:39 EET

On 02/21/2011 08:32 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> alas, for some reason, calf and linuxdsp are using it and with great
>> success. should i say more? maybe not.
>
> well, yes and no. notice that its not possible to embed the plugin
> UIs, which is something we even manage to do with Ardour on OSX, where
> we're using GTK and the plugins are using Cocoa or Carbon. this seems
> like a bit of a backwards step - here we are on a platform where we
> control *all* the technology and we can't even get the plugin GUIs to
> embed? shurely shome mishtake ...

put it another way:

is there any lv2 plugin which is not using the lv2_external_ui extension
but is xembed-dable and please, do not force the host to link to libgtk
et al. and even show its gui?? i'd like to know :)

oh, and did i say that the gtkmm based ones are even crappier in that
regard? because it also forces you (host) to link to libgtkmm, which is
outrageously and utterly plain nuisance?

cya

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden