Re: [LAD] [OT] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 22:36:11 EET

> OK, let's make a few thing clear. I write for Linux. This list
> is called "Linux Audio Developers". I don't care a second if my
> apps are not portable to OSX, windows, or whatever you like.

So lets make a few other things clear:

Maemo is Linux and a bog standard X app would perhaps just work. Android is
linux and it would not with out a lot of changes. As has been mentioned, Ubuntu
on mobile devices will not run X so they will not be portable.

You write for Linux? Which (antiquated) version would that be? Now you asked
about bristol - it runs on all of these. And distributed if you want, with the dumb
-X option.

There are a _lot_ of changes taking place in Linux at the moment. I mean you
mouth of about using 'ssh -X' to write email from one side of the planet and, like,
Fons, can you do that? If I had not been doing it 20 years ago I would not have
believed it to be possible. It is old hat, move on fella.

Regards, nick.