[LAD] LAD Activity (WAS: [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb)

From: Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 23 2011 - 13:01:14 EET

2011/2/23 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>:
> On 2/22/11, David Robillard wrote:
>
>> I have a working plugin (called "dirg") that provides a UI by hosting a
>> web server which you access in the browser. It provides a grid UI either
>> via a Novation Launchpad, or in the browser if you don't have a
>> Launchpad. Web UIs definitely have a ton of wins (think tablets, remote
>> control (i.e. network transparency), etc.)
>>
>> I also have a complete LV2 "message" system based on Atoms which is
>> compatible with / based on the event extension.  Atoms, and thus
>> messages, can be serialised to/from JSON (among other things,
>> particularly Turtle).
>
> Any of them available to have a look at?
>
>> Currently dirg provides the web server on its own with no host
>> involvement, but every plugin doing this obviously doesn't scale, so
>> some day we should figure this out... first we need an appropriately
>> high-level/powerful communication protocol within LV2 land (hence the
>> messages stuff).
>
> Where do you stand with priorities now? That sounds like something
> very much worth investing time in.
>
> You see, one thing I'm puzzled about is that you have beginnings of
> what could be significant part of a potentially successful cloud
> computing audio app, and then you talk about how donations don't even
> pay your rent :)

Before I totally forget about it... I think it might be a very clever
thing to do to have some web-based thing (wiki or whatever, ideally a
social network kind of thing) were LAD people can notify of what they
are working on and what are their plans, so that it's easier to: a.
know about it and b. start cooperations, etc.

For example, Dave is doing lots of stuff that I plan to reuse, but I
only know it because I happen to lurk on #lv2 on freenode from time to
time, and the same goes for lots of stuff I'm seeing coming out
lately.

If it is a problem for me to keep up to date with this stuff, I can
only imagine what it would be like for a newcomer.

I can't comment on this more now, but please somebody consider the idea.

Stefano