Re: [LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2011 - 19:59:37 EET

On 02/24/2011 06:39 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> well, panners in a3 are now plugins, of a fashion (they are a bit
> different from normal plugin APIs for a variety of reasons, primarily
> the fact that they never do in-place processing). its quite likely
> that at least the simplest of your ambi LADSPA plugins will show up in
> that fashion in the not too distant future, with a GUI very similar to
> the one in that screen shot.

nice :)

> when i was in berlin attending "serious" concerts of electro-acoustic
> music, there seemed to be quite a range of opinion about ambisonics
> versus VBAP. although i tend to take your word for it on such matters,
> there were quite several smart people with years of experience in
> multi-speaker setups who had real issues with ambisonics and felt that
> VBAP was generally preferable. i don't want to make people choose.

actually, i didn't like what i heard of vbap so far, but it does work as
advertised, even under very adverse conditions. unless we have franz
zotter's partial sphere magic firmly in place for all workflows, *and*
there are kick-ass, fool-proof automatic ambisonic decoder generators
for even the most pathological speaker layouts, vbap sure has its place.