Re: [LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 24 2011 - 23:20:44 EET

On 2/24/11, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

>> the position that i take with N-point editing is not that there is
>> some other way to do "the following". There isn't. its that the way of
>> approaching the task that leads to needing to do "the following" is
>> rooted in an older way of thinking about the overall workflow.
>
> The only conclusion I can arrive at from this, and despite lots
> of effort to avoid it, is that you don't have a clue as to what
> is involved in editing e.g. classic music recordings.

You know, I find this kind of attitude quite dangerous. JAMin
developers not having clue, Ardour developers not having and clue, and
then there's Fons in the shining armour never telling what is the
right thing exactly, because "This is an error that any DSP student is
allowed to make once". As much as I treasure your contribution (and I
do), this is really disturbing. Especially since we are *sort of*
community that is supposed to *sort of* share knowledge.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org