Re: [LAD] Portable user interfaces for LV2 plugins

From: Paul Giblock <pgiblox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 00:15:55 EET

Personally, I like the idea of plugin interfaces having some form of
visualization. The compressor example is obvious. So is the graphical
equalizer. I can imagine other cases as well: waveform of a sampler.
Perhaps a synth that let's the user scribble their own waveform. There are
all sorts of things that would provide better user interfaces if the control
is richer.

This web UI stuff might be the best new interface we've never used. But, I
want a studio configuration, not some "I can change plugin parameters using
an html text input while I'm at the office." David seems to think anything
with a pretty interface is stupid and just eye candy. But try convincing
Apple's human interface team of that argument.

If the solution to visualization in lv2 is "ur doing it wrong", then perhaps
we are using the wrong plugin tech.