Re: [LAD] Portable user interfaces for LV2 plugins

From: Pedro Alves <alves.ped@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2011 - 00:56:49 EET

On Friday 04 March 2011 22:00:47, Paul Davis wrote:

> but why? real hosts are not written with Xlib, they are written with
> Qt, or GTK or ...

Of course.

> embedding another Gtk widget into a Gtk window is a LOT easier
> than embedding an X window ID, and in fact is the whole reason why
> libsuil exists.

I was implying always Xembed'ding when host and plugin are
both X11 based, with the ugliness all tucked away in the
library. But it seems I can infer then that one of the
design choices of libsuil is to allow trusting plugins
into the address space party.

I wonder how long it will take until there's a cry for
a way to force plugins to be loaded out-of-process . ;-)

Thanks for the explanations.

--
Pedro Alves