[LAD] Denemo is searching for a student for the Google Summer of Code (5000$)

From: Nils <nils@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 23 2011 - 00:45:44 EET

Hello list!

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) is a global program that offers student developers stipends to write code for various open source software projects. A participating student gets 5000$ for ca. three months of work. [Link 1]

Denemo is participating and we would like to encourage possible students to contact us through our mailinglist [see attached link 2] or #denemo on irc.freenode.org.

Our top priority project is the following, but we are also ready for student ideas.

"Make midi/audio output realtime-capable

Denemo creates MIDI messages to use them with its internal Fluidsynth-sampler or send them out via the Jack Audio Connection Kit. This procedure is not realtime-safe yet. Graphical computation and controlling Denemo during playback creates playback-glitches. In order to fix this the midi/audio subsystem should run in its own realtime-thread and get priority. Needed student skills: Programming in C, experience in threads and realtime programming. Useful: Knowledge of MIDI and the Jack Audio Connection Kit."

Links:
[0] http://www.denemo.org
[1] http://www.google-melange.com/
[2] http://www.denemo.org/index.php/Community
[3] http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2011.html#denemo

P.S.
If you are not a student feel free do contact us anyway and help Denemo like the rest of the team :)