[LAD] accepted use of sync callback

From: Lieven Moors <lievenmoors@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 17:08:30 EET

Hi everybody,

I have a question.

I'm trying to figure out how to deal with transport locate changes
in my arpeggiator "flarps". I am generating MIDI events only when
necessary, so I'm not able to rewind the state of the program.
I only keep track of Note-off messages, because they can be sent
out in the future, to allow overlapping notes. All the MIDI notes
are calculated relative to each other. So I keep track of time
internally.

So I only need to know the first frame of the period,
when somebody does a jack_transport_locate, and I need to know
when this happens so I can initialize the program state.

My question is, if it would be acceptable to use the sync callback
to do this, because strictly speaking, my client wouldn't be a
slow sync client.

Is there a more preferable way to do this, or should I do major
redesign, and use the time jack provides with each period directly.

I would be very glad with any of your insights or suggestions.

greetings,

lievenmoors