Re: [LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.4.5

From: Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2011 - 00:45:57 EEST

Hi Tim,

2011/3/29 Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>:
> It is very unfortunate that such a change might break the way your
> bridge code works, Stefano, and I would like to apologise in advance.
> (If the addition of a 'version' symbol exported by caps.so is any
> help, I'll be happy to add that.)

It's really nice when somebody speaks with respect the way you do,
Tim. I do immensely appreciate that. (And by the way, no need to
apologize).

Regarding the addition of a symbol, introducing something into LADSPA
(because if we agree on something, it's probably going to become a
generic mechanism in the end) is really something I would avoid. It
kind of both defeats the purpose of doing bridging well (i.e., no need
to make changes to existing stuff) and also it would be unfair to
recommend an addition to LADSPA without agreement from the whole
LADSPA community.

So for the moment I'm trying to imagine something that doesn't involve
adding stuff to LADSPA itself (maybe a text file or something), and in
the meanwhile feel free to ignore the issue. It's all on my back now.
If I come up with something I will let you know.

All the best,

Stefano