Re: [LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.4.5

From: Paul Giblock <pgiblox@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2011 - 16:15:43 EEST

From the docs for LV2_Descriptor::URI:

A globally unique, case-sensitive identifier for this plugin type.

All plugins with the same URI MUST be compatible in terms of 'port
signature', meaning they have the same number of ports, same port
shortnames, and roughly the same functionality. URIs should probably
contain a version number (or similar) for this reason.

Rationale: When serializing session/patch/etc files, hosts MUST refer
to a loaded plugin by the plugin URI only. In the future loading a
plugin with this URI MUST yield a plugin with the same ports (etc)
which is 100% compatible.

--Paul