Re: [LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.4.5

From: Jeff McClintock <jef@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 11 2011 - 00:02:34 EEST

> An informal experiment shows that jack-rack 1.4.7 and ardour 2.8.11
> both do exactly the right thing when a plugin referenced by a saved
> session gains a port: they set the new port to its default value and
> happily carry on working.
>
> (Both also cope with the removal of a port. These are the only
> publicly available hosts I have tested.)

What happens when you modify version-1 of your plugin and remove a port
(making Version2), then later re-add a new (unrelated) port with different
semantics? (Version 3)... Then load a project created with version 1.

 Does the host in THIS situation set the new port to it's default value, I
doubt it. More likely it 'restores' it to some invalid setting.

Do you want a fragile, crash-prone, plugin ecosystem?, or a robust one?

I Agree with Paul on this one.

Best Regards,
Jeff