Re: [LAD] [LAU] FW: Frequency Space Editors in Linux

From: Geoff Beasley <geoff@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2011 - 04:11:59 EEST

On 04/12/2011 07:39 AM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Also the remark that the problem only occurs 'while
> the music is playing' adds a bit to the puzzle...

  sounds like an intermittent cable or channel strip fault to me; that
would be program dependant. if so, there'll be distortions resulting in
the audio that would be difficult if not impossible to 'repair'.

often-times these 'repairs' only create greater awareness of the damage
elsewhere in the program material anyway and lead to diminishing returns.

GWC is the only program I've ever used successfully under linux; and it
was as 'good' as anything else i've used on other platforms - tho I'm
not a great fan of any such dsp. Important to set it up properly
however, but that's the case with all such programs - not for the novice
really.

best results can take much longer than the program is actually worth ;)

g.