Re: [LAD] [ann] CAPS 0.4.5

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Thu Apr 14 2011 - 13:59:34 EEST

On 13 April 2011 22:03, Tim E. Real <termtech@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I agree that if this new port were to be sandwiched among the others
>  or if he were removing ports, that's breakage.

I think that was the plan, though -- to put the new port after the
other control ports and before any of the existing audio ones. And
that's the problem.

I like to disagree with David on most things LADSPA -- for example I
think a host that uses the "unique" ID at all is broken from the
outset, because there's no way to ensure that ID is actually unique,
e.g. for plugin wrappers. But in this case, and even though my own
hosts should cope with Tim's change without problems, I have to agree
that the change is not a good idea.

Chris