Re: [LAD] [LAU] FW: Frequency Space Editors in Linux

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 16:01:23 EEST

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Johannes Kroll <jkroll@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Are you saying Ardour has good restoration functionality built-in? If
> so, would you care to give a hint/link on how to use it?
>
> But you're probably talking about some Windows-only VST plugin or
> such... :-/

As Paul mentioned, Ardour has no such functionality, and honestly IMO
is far beyond the scope of Ardour. What Ardour DOES do however is
host plugins, and there are realtime noise removal plugins.
Technically what I use is on OS X in AU format, but on Linux yes I
would be dealing with VST versions through WINE. However since this
is from a manufacturer that some of its plugins are on Receptor, I
would have decently high hopes of it working and intend to test just
that sometime in the hopefully not so distant future.

       Seablade