Re: [LAD] Looping audio to oneself via Jack

From: Dan Mills <dmills@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 04 2011 - 14:40:15 EEST

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 09:23 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> But even that won't work if there is just one output connected
> to the loopback input: the optimisation means its data is not
> copied and you will see an empty buffer anyway.

That seems likely to be the problem, but the internal metering in the
app says something else is also going on, looking into it.

I can rework the code to work sample by sample and thus avoid clearing
the buffer or to copy the data locally, but that is a nasty edge case
that should be fixed.

From your comments I take it that a patch to jack has been tried and
rejected?

Regards, Dan.