Re: [LAD] Looping audio to oneself via Jack

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 05 2011 - 10:40:59 EEST

On 05/04/2011 11:53 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 22:41 +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>>>
>>> There were (and still might be) issues when doing the mastering by
>>> connecting Qtractor's master outs left and right to the inputs of a
>>> stereo track. Since there's no option to mix down the
>>> multi-track-recording to a stereo wav file, it should be possible to do
>>> the mastering this way.
>>>

>> yes there is, it's called "export", and you may find it on the
>> Track/Export Tracks/Audio... menu.
>
> Yoshimi insert in? LV2Rack (VocProc as Vocoder) insert in? This would
> mix down inserts too? A mix of audio tracks and MIDI DSSI instrument
> tracks? Instead of testing, I'm asking ;).

a)no need to test. the answer is certainly not.

note that:

a) only audio track clips are mixed-down to an audio file; audio fx
plugins and inserts are indeed processed as in faster-than-realtime mode
(aka freewheel mode).

b) midi tracks get merged-down into a single midi file. obviously, midi
instrument plugins are not processed as their output is audio signal and
not midi.

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela