Re: [LAD] What sound cards are recommender by developers? I'll order next week!!!

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 22 2011 - 02:57:13 EEST

On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 01:52 +0200, Ralf wrote:

> Pardon, you're right, but very often less expensive and less good sound
> cards do use an Envy24 chip. The converters and op-amps could cause bad
> sound.

In practical terms, they make absolutely no difference at all. Some
on-board chips are quite bad for ground-loop noise getting in from other
parts of the board. Pretty much anything on a PCI card will be fine.

If your recordings sound shite, it's because your technique is shite.
Or possibly your playing. All the sound cards sound the same.

Gordon MM0YEQ