Re: [LAD] Determining Phase

From: Duncan Gray <duncang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 26 2011 - 06:13:50 EEST

 From the long list of answers, I see lots of speculation about Mr.
Shirkey's question. Some time back he approached me on the work that had
been done a very long time ago on phase-modulation to achieve panning.
He never replied to my subsequent information or queries. I suspect that
this question is really all about the phase of the signal being
transported through any given audio driver, ALSA, JACK or whatever, so
the analysis is somewhat germane.

I think that a phase demod analyzer might be his attempt to solve his
real problem. I speculate that Patrick didn't actually ask his real
question.

So, perhaps any Haas-effect plugin would satisfy Patrick's needs.

Other than that, I'd make a really cool spectrum analyzer that ran the
Fourier analysis on two channels, correlated their phases then made a
+/- line vs. frequency for all to see so that the phase of the
components of the spectrum could be watched for phase relationships.

Suggestions?