Re: [LAD] Yoshimi Midi Learn: 1st testing release

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 27 2011 - 00:36:28 EEST

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:35:22 +0200
louis cherel <cherel.louis@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 26/06/2011 09:43, Renato wrote:
> > Hello, this sounds good :) I tried compiling from git some weeks
> > ago but got errors and didn't have time to report, I'll try again
> > later today. May I ask:
> > 1) do the controls affect the sound in real time or only on the next
> > note? I noticed while playing with yoshimi that if for example you
> > tweak the filter cutoff frequency while a note is playing it won't
> > affect the current sound, but only the next note will be affected.
> > This would prevent making cool effects with automation...
> > 2) will this be merged in the main yoshimi project?
> >
> > cheers
> > renato
> For the errors, you may need to install libsm-dev and the fltk dev
> packages ( I don't know which they are ).
> To be sure, you can first install the official yoshimi package from
> the package manager of your distrib and next "make" the
> yoshimi-midiLearn branch.

ok, I managed to compile correctly. I would not want to install
system-wide though, so I tried to run from the local dir but got:

renato@email-addr-hidden ~/src/yoshimi-midi-learn/prove/yoshimi/src $ ./yoshimi
Default instrument tar file /usr/local/share/yoshimi/yoshimi-instruments.tar.gz not found
Failed to establish program bank database
Bad things happened, Yoshimi strategically retreats. Serious problems dealing with the instrument database
Flushing log:
Failed to establish program bank database
Bad things happened, Yoshimi strategically retreats. Serious problems dealing with the instrument database

should I point it to the yoshimi-instruments.tar.gz that's found one directory up (in the root of the cloned git)? how?

cheers
renato