Re: [LAD] Android audio plugins

From: Olivier Guilyardi <list@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 29 2011 - 22:46:18 EEST

On 06/29/2011 09:07 PM, Nick Copeland wrote:
>> Who's talking about getting apps to interoperate? Not me.
>
> No, but you are talking about getting developers to interoperate. The
> The Android app model is very segregating so if you want to share libraries
> then you will also have to have all developers of each codestream to
> share the same signing certificates.

No, technically, an app can load a native shared library provided by another
without caring about any kind of signature. An app can freely dlopen() a library
provided by another app.

There are great interaction/interoperability opportunities on Android. Not all
mobile operating systems support this.

--
  Olivier