Re: [LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

From: <m.wolkstein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2011 - 13:00:52 EEST

Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:43:50 +0200
schrieb rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>:

> On 06/30/2011 11:31 AM, Renato wrote:
> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:03:05 +0200
> > rosea grammostola<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Linux Audio Developer,
> >>

> >> May I make a feature request here for your Linuxaudio application(s)?
> >>
> >> Could you please add JackSession support? It makes working with JACK
> >> standalone applications a lot more user friendly. There are some apps
> >> who support it already and they work fine, like Yoshimi, Qtractor,
> >> Pianoteq, Ghostess, Guitarix, Jack-Rack, Ardour3, Bristol, Seq24,
> >> Jalv, Ingen, Connie, Specimen and probably more.
> >>
> >> It is possible to use applications without JackSession-support in a
> >> session (via so called infra clients), it starts the applications,
> >> make the connections, but doesn't save the state. So obviously it
> >> would be far more useful if those applications would get
> >> JackSession-support also.
> >>
> >> Qjackctl is able to work as Session Manager, so is Pyjacksm (and
> >> likely Patchage in the future).
> >>
> >> According to comments on IRC by Paul Davis, it's very easy to add
> >> JackSession support to your application.
> >>
> >> "Its really easy, just handle 1 more callback from the server.
> >> Torben's walkthrough shows what is necessary."
> >>
> >> Torben's walktrough:
> >> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/Dev/JackSession
> >>

> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> \r
> >>
> > I second this, I tried using jacksession a few days ago and it seems
> > to me it works very well; it does what it should and nothing more, it is
> > not intrusive
> Maybe good to note also is that almost all recent distros (also
> multimedia distros like AVLinux, Tango Studio etc.) have the latest
> Jackd version these days (JACK1 and/ or JACK2, both support
> JackSession). So apps with JackSession support are compiled with
> JackSession automatically on those distros (no need to add a patch or a
> special build parameter or anything like that). :)
>
> Regards,
> \r

hey ho,
i am very interested to implement jack session into hydrogen. but i am a bit confused about how it is to use as a user.
i understand how to implement it into an application. thx to http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/Dev/JackSession.
but i miss a simple howto use jacksession in your local audio envirement.
whatever exist such a document for dummies like me?

lg wolke