Re: [LAD] Feature requests: add JackSession support

From: <m.wolkstein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2011 - 14:13:22 EEST

Am Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:22:01 +0200
schrieb rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>:

> On 06/30/2011 12:11 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
> > On 06/30/2011 12:00 PM, m.wolkstein@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> >> hey ho,
> >> i am very interested to implement jack session into hydrogen. but i
> >> am a bit confused about how it is to use as a user.
> >> i understand how to implement it into an application. thx to
> >> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/Dev/JackSession.
> >> but i miss a simple howto use jacksession in your local audio
> >> envirement.
> >> whatever exist such a document for dummies like me?
> > Wolke,
> >
> > Understanding the dev side and not the user side, that is the world
> > up-side-down for me ;)
> > http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/jack_session
> >
> > You need Jackd > = 0.120 or 1.9.7 and qjackctl 0.3.7
> >
> > Start qjackctl, start JACK
> > Start an app with JS support (yoshimi)
> > Make the desired connections
> > In qjackctl 0.3.7, you have a session window, open it.
> > Save session
> > Make a *new* folder (be careful not to overwrite an other folder
> > (should become more safe in the next Qjackctl version))
> > Select that new folder to save the session to.
> You have to browse one subfolder backwards to be able to select your new
> session folder likely.
> > You can quit the session by just quitting the applications, or choose
> > save (save and quit)
> It is possible to overwrite an existing Jacksession folder (again, be
> careful to overwrite the right one!!!)
> Atm there is no way to stop a session via a button without saving the
> session ...
> > You can load the session via the load button in the Session window of
> > Qjackctl, choose the right session folder.
> That's the new folder you made to save the session obviously.
> >
> > HTH
> > \r

thx, for your quick response. in fact that will help me.
i just noticed the new session button in qjackctl. super, so far this will looks like an easy to use session handler.

and yes, i am a lazy bugger:). mostly i use my spare time for other things, than to find out how computers applications will work.
lg wolke