Re: [LAD] GCC Vector extensions

From: Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2011 - 11:10:27 EEST

Le 22 juil. 2011 à 09:58, Maurizio De Cecco a écrit :

> On Thursday21/7/11 8:50 PM, Stéphane Letz wrote:
>
>> You should really look at the generated SSE code. Can you paste the result of each test on this list?
>
> At the moment i am testing with the whole jmax, i'll try to write small test programs, and i'll post programs, results and assembler.
> Well, in the next few days ...
>
> Maurizio

Some remarks :

- the aligned version of memory access whenever possible should be use: it surely helps

- accessing the cache the correct way (avoiding cache line aliasing...) is important

- my limited test over some Faust examples and even using non-aligned load/store showed more than 10% improvements...

Stéphane