Re: [LAD] lv2 extension bugs

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 24 2011 - 00:41:32 EEST

On Sat, 2011-07-23 at 21:28 +0000, harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> I'm currently trying to update my system to the newer event spec, and
> I'm having a hard time.
> ./waf configure
> ./waf
> sudo ./waf install
>
> works, but then the lilv wscript still won't see the event-helpers.h
> file.

Run lv2config.

> I'm confused, and I think its due to not knowing what the file
> heirarchy of the lv2 exensions is.
>
> From what I gather:
> Plugins should be installed here:
> /usr/local/include/lv2/lv2plug.in/ns/ext/<name>/<name>.h

No. Plugins are not extensions. They all live in bundles, though. All
bundles are typically in PREFIX/lib/lv2 or ~/.lv2

> When ./waf install completes, you've still got to run lv2config.

Indeed. Do it.

> What does lv2config do? I gather it symlinks the files around, or so?
> This is what I can't figure out.

It builds the include directory tree so includes like:

#include "lv2/lv2plug.in/ns/ext/event/event.h"

work.

You don't really need a deep understanding of what is going on, only
that you must run lv2config after installing an extension to compile
against it.

-dr