Re: [LAD] Fwd: Fwd: lv2 extension bugs

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2011 - 22:30:30 EEST

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:39 PM, David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I don't think that's too abstract for your average dev. It's a library

API. Certainly your average dev can use a library.

Being a self-taught dev (no comment on average or not :) I can say I did
find very difficult to understand how the lv2 framework operates, and how
the piece fit together. Equally so as there are few *simple* examples out
there, that one can read and *understand*, not just gloss over the 1000+
lines and think 'maybe next year'

> Less talk, more rock.

True that. I've uploaded a sample class to host an LV2 plugin with a
"jack-orientated" interface. Its released under LGPL, and uses the LILV
library to load the plugin. Written in C++, code is hosted here:
https://github.com/harryhaaren/Lv2Host

I'm aware that the code is not perfect, and will accept suggestions /
improvements.
Cheers, -Harry