[LAD] New Java binding for JACK

From: Neil C Smith <neil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 01 2011 - 21:54:03 EEST

Hi All,

Just a quick post to let you know about a new JACK binding for Java,
called JNAJack, at http://code.google.com/p/java-audio-utils/

JNAJack is a minimal object-oriented wrapper to the JACK Audio
Connection Kit API. It uses Java Native Access (JNA) rather than
custom JNI to interface with the underlying Jack API, simplifying
development and deployment - no compilation required and it (*should*)
work cross platform. Use of JNA means that performance is not quite on
a par with the custom JNI code in JJack, but it is still fine for low
latency usage, and some further performance optimisations are in the
wings. Unlike JJack the aim of this project is to support full and
typesafe OOP access to the Jack API from Java, and nothing else. Most
important aspects of the audio API are included. MIDI and transport
support will be implemented in the future.

Well, I say this is new, it was mostly written quite a while back as
part of my Praxis InterMedia System project
http://code.google.com/p/praxis/ (a Java based cross-media patcher
environment). I'm finally getting around to releasing some of this
stuff separately as well.

Best wishes,

Neil

--