[LAD] Jack_session

From: thijs van severen <thijsvanseveren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2011 - 14:11:52 EEST

Hi all

My name is Thijs and i have been helping out with Hydrogen for some time now
(mainly manual, website and a tiny bit of coding)

Anyway, since jack_session support was recently added to Hydrogen (in V0.9.6
that is currently still in development but available from svn via
hydrogen-music.org) i decided to test jack_session a bit and i must say i'm
really exited about this :-)

IMHO this is the most critical piece of the puzzle and it makes linux audio
_so_ much more usable! so lots of KUDOS to everyone that has been working
on it !!
I have done several 'intro sessions' for Mac audio users and they are
generally really impressed with what they see, but the lack of a good
session management mechanism is a real showstopper for them... (i know
there are other options, but none of those have ever allowed me to truly
save my session *at any given moment*)

however, the first thing that slowed me down was simply knowing what apps
already support jack_session
i know that jack_session is fairly new, so it's normal that some info is
missing, but it would be great if the websites out there that list the
available linux audio apps (like
http://apps.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/jack) would also indicate if the
app supports jack_session

the jack_session page on the jackaudio.org
wiki<http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/jack_session>also
lists a number of apps, but i don't think it's up to date, is it ?

any comments?

grtz
Thijs

PS: i'd be happy to help out with documenting jack_session if needed
PS: it would be nice to have a 'jack_session enabled app' banner to put on
the site of the apps that support it. graphical designers ?

--
follow me on my Audio & Linux blog <http://audio-and-linux.blogspot.com/> !