Re: [LAD] AMS to Ingen: VC to PCM

From: David Robillard <d@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2011 - 00:09:23 EEST

On Sun, 2011-09-25 at 16:07 +0100, Aurélien Leblond wrote:
> >> By the way, the LADSPA plugins you are referring to, I suppose these
> >> are the MCP ones?
> >
> > The MCP and VCO ones.
> >
> >> Are you planning onto porting them to LV2 ones?
> >
> > No, they are designed for use within AMS - so some control ports
> > (those that should become connectors and not widgets) are at audio
> > rate.
>
> Ah pity, they would have been great with Ingen...

As mentioned earlier, LV2 needs / will soon get a CV port extension.
This is very simple (just need to define a type that's identical to an
audio port code-wise, but is to be used as a control and has
min/max/default predicates and such). Use
http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/cv-port#CVPort as the port type, I guess.
That's pretty much it.

(We could talk about variable rates and whatever other fancy things all
day, but that makes things vastly more complicated for what seems to be
to be of very little benefit, particularly in this SIMD world of
plentiful RAM. KISS.)

-dr