Re: [LAD] Kontakt Spikes

From: Michael Ost <most@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 12 2011 - 01:24:58 EEST

On 10/11/2011 03:10 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Michael Ost<most@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
>> We have gotten some interesting results from cyclictest and the new ftrace
>> system. Hopefully that will point us to some kernel latency that we can work
>> around or fix.
>
> it would be really great if you could share at least what you find out
> about the problems, even if you don't want to share the fixes.

Will do.

First things for Kontakt are in our wine. (1) You need a way to set
thread priority without hitting the wine server. And (2) you need a way
to do simple thread synchronization without hitting the wine server.

There's more going on, though, that is causing the latencies. And the
output from cyclictest/ftrace is incredibly dense! It will be a slog. :(

- mo