Re: [LAD] Communicating between python UI and C++ engine for real time audio?

From: Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 04 2011 - 00:33:23 EET

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I did think of using osc to make some kind of
message passing protocal, but also wondered if that would get restrictive.
Wow, this thread gives me a lot to think about.

Paul, would it be practical/possible to have the python process allowed to
read the shared memory only? Does that simplify the locking problems, or
not really? I could imagine that I could do what I want pretty well by
doing read-copy-send messages back to engine. But obviously some of you
have thought a lot harder about this.

thanks
iain