Re: [LAD] Communicating between python UI and C++ engine for real time audio?

From: Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 06 2011 - 01:59:28 EET

@ Iain and others
Before you start to implement your own, which can take as much time as
your whole project ...
Here is a list of some libs I found, that implement lock-free
structures, STM, etc.
http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/programming_libraries#lockfree_non-blocking_data_structures_-_libraries
If anything is missing, let me know, or edit yourself.

Do you have a suggestion for which to use to 'just get started'? I plan to
revisit the threading in detail down the road, and keep it well wrapped up
in specific modules for that purpose, but also want to avoid spending too
much time exploring all the options before figuring out the rest of the
app. I need to able to run on linux and os x, windows is optional at this
point.

thanks!
Iain