[LAD] Conciderations of Design

From: <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Nov 12 2011 - 00:19:44 EET

Hi All,

Recent thoughts of mine include changing the "direction" of operations in
real-time program design:
Eg: Don't call a set() on a Filter class to tell it its cutoff, every time
there's a change,
but make it ask a State class what its cutoff should be every time it runs.

I'm now considering implementing this pattern, but I'm wondering have
others done this before?

Along the same lines, say I have a single linked list of AudioElements, and
the 3rd element needs info, should
it request it, be told it, or have some other system to inform it of events?

I'm seeing downsides to each approach:
1: Tell it on every change -> performance hit
2: Request it every time it runs -> Keeping control over the many values &
unique ID's of class instances

Experience & Opinions all welcomed, -Harry